Thanks galleroo. Question on updating

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
RUNEMASTER

Thanks galleroo. Question on updating

Post by RUNEMASTER » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:01 pm

ok! So i made my neat little website with a wysiwyg, and the help of galleroo.
Ill soon send some cash, but i have a question.

I make paintings, and right now all ive done is part of the gallery folder which is on my website.

What if i make new art, what do i do to update the folder whithout having to delete everything and start over.

How can I keep adding pics to the gallery on my web host or website?

xyster
Site Admin

Good question!

Post by xyster » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:58 pm

Thank you!

The short answer is: just add the new pictures, regenerate the gallery and Galleroo will do the right thing, it will create only the new thumbnails/slides.

The longer answer is: it will be difficult for you to figure out which files have changed, so you will need to re-upload all of them to your webserver. However, you do not need to delete anything, just upload the new gallery in its entirety and it will do what you expect.

Does that answer the question?

P.S. a link to your gallery would be appreciated!

RUNEMASTER

THANKS

Post by RUNEMASTER » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:28 pm

http://tomorrowsdream.org/

NOTICE HOW THERE ARE ABOUT 17 THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS IN THE LEFT MARGIN WITH THE SCROLL BAR.Excuse the caps.If I had 150 thumbnails , what would happen.I mean would it scroll down for 150 thumbs?

OH! i almost forgot.!0 dollar question here. Ok I think i understand what you wrote about updating with a new pic, but what if i want to update on the host server? Just trying to figure out a tweak.

I imagine the file "index" could be edited no? So maybe i could use ftp to download the index file edit it and upload it back along with the new pic and a resized version of it no? Or is it better just to generate on the local pc and then just replace the entire gallery?

Mind you im talkin one new pic at a time cause sometimes i go for a week with no paintings.

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:37 am

To solve the thumbnail index problem you can download this variant of the style:
http://www.xyster.net/galleroo/extras/pratim2.zip
Unzip into your Galleroo installation folder in the styles folder.
This style allows you to specify how many thumbnails you want per index page.

You would need to re-upload just the new thumbnails, new resized images. In addition, for the Pratim style, you need to upload the new slide HTML files and all the index files.
You do not need to upload the previously created thumbnails/slides which is the bulk of the upload time.
Last edited by xyster on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RUNEMASTER

THANKS

Post by RUNEMASTER » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 am

got it.Ill donate as soon as i get a chance.great app. I scoured the net.Yours is so simple to use, and so cool also.Thanks man.