Order of images

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
RUNEMASTER

Order of images

Post by RUNEMASTER » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:05 pm

What about the order? For example I just made a pic, but if I include it in the gallery it goes to the bottom of the scroll because of the date.Is there a way to change the order , but not the dates?

Additionally, Is there a way to disable the dimension data or even edit it?

xyster
Site Admin

Sort Order

Post by xyster » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:35 am

I assume you want the latest pic to appear on the top. You can change the "Sort Order" from ascending to descending. This is in the documentation provided with Galleroo, also available here http://www.xyster.net/galleroo/readme.php#Style.

Yes, you can disable the dimension data by modifying the style template file. First, backup the pratim or pratim2 style you are using (Copy-Paste the folder). In the style folder open the gallery.xsl file, with notepad for instance, and find the "Displayed Dimensions:" and "Original Dimensions:". Delete those two lines and recreate the gallery.

bobreeves

Post by bobreeves » Mon May 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Another way to re-order pics any way you want is to edit the NAV.HTML file with a simple text editor like Notepad (don't use Word or any fancy word processor) and make sure wordwrap is OFF. The lines you need to move to change the order are in pairs which you can recognize by the filename.jpg content - just highlight a pair you want to move, copy it to the clipboard <CTL>c, delete it, then move to where you want it to appear and paste it <CTL>v.