Problem generating galleries with certain batch of pictures.

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
de la nooch

Problem generating galleries with certain batch of pictures.

Post by de la nooch » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:32 pm

I am experiencing a problem that is similar to the problem described in this post entitled "Galleroo creates albums but no images in folder."

However, here's the twist: I had pictures from several different occasions/events on one memory card. My girlfriend had the camera and memory card and was out of town for a while and ended up zipping all of the pictures on the memory card into one zip file. When I finally got that file form her, I unzipped it and began digging through the pictures and seperating them into seperate folders based on the event at which those pictures were taken. To my annoyance, when she zipped the pictures, she had renamed all of the pictures to the same naming convention. In this case, "gwen xx.JPG."

Now here's the problem: A few weeks ago, I attempted to create a gallery using Galleroo with some of the pictures from this zip file. I went though and renamed all of the pictures to my liking, then ran Galleroo. What I got was my destination folder with an 'images' folder, 'index' and 'slide' css files, and 'blank,' 'nav,' and 'index' html files. Inside the 'images' folder, both the 'full' and 'thumb' folders were empty. When I viewed the index page, everything appeared normally, except for a lack of thumbnail pictures along the left side (I use the Misgarot style). I assumed the pictures had gotten corrupted or messed up by my girlfriend, and I spent a while going through the properties for the folder, pictures, etc. looking for something that might stop Galleroo from working properly.

I eventually figured the problem out, generated the gallery, and uploaded it to my web server.

However, I am now attempting to create another gallery from some of those same pictures and I can't fix the problem!!!

Can anyone offer any insight on what may be causing this? I really wish I would have documented this when I fixed the problem last time....

Sorry for the super long post.

-Jordan

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:39 am

It's difficult to tell what the exact problem is.

Are you sure you Galleroo can read the files?
What happens if you create a new folder, put only 1 image in it and run galleroo on that?

de la nooch

Post by de la nooch » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:39 pm

same thing happens....

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:14 pm

It is possible Galleroo is unable to read the images (for reasons like not correctly recognizing the images).
To test this you can try the following:
1. Copy an image from a different set (for instance, download an image from the net) into the test folder you used for the previous test.
2. Open one of your images in another viewer (Windows paint, for example) and re-save it as another file. See if the new file is now readable.

de la nooch

Post by de la nooch » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 am

Doh!

I just remembered that opening them in paint and re-saving them into another folder is what I did last time to fix the problem. I just tried this again and it worked. Thanks a lot! I feel lame for not trying that this time around. A brain fart I suppose.

I guess the lesson learned from this is that I shouldn't trust my girlfriend with my pictures any more. :lol:

Thanks again!

-Jordan