Parse external template

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
jbenezech

Parse external template

Post by jbenezech » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to say this tool is great. The XSL customization is exactly what I was looking for.
Now I have one question. I usually use dreamweaver to create simple sites. What I want to do is have the same look for the general site and for the photo gallery. For now, I do that by copying the code of my dreamweaver template into the gallery.xsl of the tavla template. This works as I want but this means my template code is duplicated.

Is there a way to pass an extra file (my dreamweaver template) to the processor so that I can parse it into the gallery.xsl ? This way, I could create my custom gallery template based on my site template without duplicating the code.

Cheers,
Jerome

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm

You cannot do it with the standard Galleroo stylesheets.
The Digum stylesheet does allow it because it operates differently. To get an idea of how it works, read the intermediate documentation available here: http://www.xyster.net/galleroo/intermediate.php

In essence, it processes custom markup that you would be able to write in DreamWeaver.

There are a couple template examples in the Galleroo install directory showing it being used. You can find them in styles/Digum/Templates.