Customization

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
photomorphic

Customization

Post by photomorphic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:47 pm

First of all, many thanks for making Galleroo.

I am trying to do some simple customization.
  • modify table (add borders) in nav.htm
    remove file names from nav.html and slide pages
    change target frame in nav.html
    add text to every slide page
I've read and re-read the documentation on the Digum style, but I can't figure it out. I've also looked at the gallery.xsl file, to make the changes there, but I don't have enough understanding of XML/XSL stuff to quite get it either.

I don't expect a lesson here, but can you give me some more clarity on making custom pages?

I've come up with some work arounds, but they are pretty time consuming and inefficient.

Thanks!

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi,

Which style are you using?

photomorphic

Post by photomorphic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:18 pm

I am currently using Misgarot. But I was trying to use Digum.

xyster
Site Admin

Good start

Post by xyster » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 pm

Ok, that's a good start. Did you manage to get Digum working for you?

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:28 pm

I mean, did you get it working and you can create a gallery. Also, which Digum template are you using?
Once we have something initially working, we'll work to tweak it to your liking.

photomorphic

Post by photomorphic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Sorry for being so lame, but I got totally lost when trying to implement Digum.

Right now, I am at square one. I've used Misgarot and manually gone into the nav.html and set the table to my liking and changed the target. I've also replaced the blank.html with a different page, and changed frame name of the index.html. To eliminate the file names from the slides, I just changed the text color to match the background! Like I said, not very efficient.

So, I need a primer for setting up Digum, or figure out how to modify the .xsl so that Misgarot builds the gallery the way I'd like.

If I'm asking too much - don't worry about it.

Thanks again

xyster
Site Admin

Getting Digum to work

Post by xyster » Mon May 01, 2006 6:06 pm

It may be easier for you in the long term to start using Digum. To do this, you must choose a template folder.
The template folders for the Digum style are in the Digum style folder. For instance, if you installed Galleroo in the default location (C:\Program Files\Galleroo) the templates will be in C:\Program Files\Galleroo\styles\Digum\Templates.
In there you will find two folders: 'caxor' and 'lavan'. Select one of them and click 'OK'. The Template Folder options should look something like this:
C:\Program Files\Galleroo\styles\Digum\Template\caxor
Select the 'Source Folder' and 'Gallery Folder' as usual and click 'Go!'

Let me know if either one of these galleries templates (caxor, lavan) is to your taste. If not, we can continue with tweaking Misgarot.

Cheers!