Just can't find it

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
CRUZR

Just can't find it

Post by CRUZR » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:12 pm

I have just tried your Galleroo and the end resultss really look nice. I can save it to whatever folder I want but can't seem to figure out how to save it to my web page. I use FrontPage 2000.

I have a specific web page name that I want to use and have the web page made on my website on my puter. Just cannot get the two together.

I seem to be missing it on the readme files too.

Hope you can help me.
Thanx,
Gary
www.scherler.com

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi Cruzr,

The Gallery created by Galleroo is placed in the 'destination folder' you specify and it is more than one file (it is a number of HTML files and images). You need to upload the entire contents of the folder to your web server. I am not familiar with how to do this with FrontPage but I imagine it is not much different than the way you would upload any other set of files with FrontPage.
I hope this helps.

CRUZR

Post by CRUZR » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm

xyster wrote:Hi Cruzr,

The Gallery created by Galleroo is placed in the 'destination folder' you specify and it is more than one file (it is a number of HTML files and images). You need to upload the entire contents of the folder to your web server. I am not familiar with how to do this with FrontPage but I imagine it is not much different than the way you would upload any other set of files with FrontPage.
I hope this helps.
The trouble I have is when I upload to my website each page is shown separately and I'm not sure how to get the contents that are made by Galleroo to be a web page. If I uploaded it to a one page website it might work??? I tried naming the files the same as I would a web page but it does not work when I upload.

Gary

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:06 am

I don't know anything about Front Page, however, you have to keep in mind that the gallery is not one page. It is a series of pages and a series of images. If you look in the folder where you created Galleroo, you will see many HTML files as well as sub-folders with images in them. All of this needs to be copied.