Galleroo creates albums but no images in folder

Questions, comments and general discussion about Galleroo
574M

Galleroo creates albums but no images in folder

Post by 574M » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:12 am

Hi

I have been using Galleroo for some time now, and I am pleased with the work it does. It is a great application. :D And an even greater time saver. :D

Sometimes when I use it, it creates an album with no images. I get everything else done, gallery folder is created, index.css and slide.css files, blank, index and nav html files, image folder, full and thumb subfolders. But these image folders are empty. :(

But no images, and no html pages for the images. :shock:

My settings are for a smart tweak, with image size 700, and full quality on images and thumbs.

Has this been encountered before?

Do you have any suggestions?

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:43 pm

I don't recall this ever being encountered before. What happens when you shut off the smart tweaking and force Galleroo to fully create the gallery?

574M

Post by 574M » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:40 am

xyster wrote:I don't recall this ever being encountered before. What happens when you shut off the smart tweaking and force Galleroo to fully create the gallery?
Wehn I select HTML only, it creates the sub folders for full, thumb, and all the individual HTML files, and the two css files.

The images don't get copied across or tweaked on any selection.

I am just wondering if my installation of Internet Explorer 7 RC 1 stopped this from operating. That is the only discernible change in my system that I can recall, since the last time I used Galleroo.

I am not aware of any patches or hotfixes in the background that would prevent processing of images.

What I will do is uninstall this MSIE 7.0 RC1 and report back.

574M

Post by 574M » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:02 am

Well, well, well.

How about that.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 RC1 had something to do with that.

Program is running now.

1. Uninstall Galleroo

2. Uninstall MSIE 7RC1

Reboot

Install Galleroo

Create folder, set for smart tweak, program works and copies images.

:idea: Interesting thought, MSIE is *not* my default browser. Firefox 1.5.0.6 is the default browser. My OS is WinXP SP2 with automatic updates.

Now, I wonder what that is all about?

bobreeves

Post by bobreeves » Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 am

Just trust us (Microsoft). We know what's best for you...