Movies won't save

Movies won't save

Postby tuawsteve » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:46 am

I've sent a support note from the app as well, but I really need an answer FAST (writing a review) so I thought I'd try here as well.

I installed TimeLapse yesterday and this morning was giving it a try with a new panning mount (Camalapse). Unfortunately, I accidentally hit the "Disallow" button when asked if the app could have access to my photo library. I have tried everything -- resetting the iPhone, deleting the app and reinstalling it, even using the "reset" function under Settings > TimeLapse, but it refuses to save the movies because of one silly mistake. Is there any way at all to get the app to ask me to give it permission to my photo library again?

If not, then this was a waste of $1.99, since I'll never be able to use it again.

Steve Sande
TUAW.com
tuawsteve

Re: Movies won't save

Postby xyster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

Hello Steve,

This is out of my control as iOS will silently fail after the first denial without prompting for permission again. Assuming you are running iOS 5.x, I believe this should get the prompt again:

1. Make sure to kill TimeLapse by double clicking the home button and stopping it in the app manager UI.
2. Go to the Settings app.
3. In Settings navigate to General -> Reset -> Reset Location Warnings and confirm the reset.
4. Run TimeLapse again.

Please let me know how this works out for you. I'll be available to ensure you get this working.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse