MovieMixer@102 Error?

MovieMixer@102 Error?

Postby cmholm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 am

While attempting an 8 hour time lapse movie during a road trip, the initial clip generated a 315MB file. The iPhone was mounted to the windshield exposed to the sun, got a bit warmer than I expected, and the unit crapped out with a high temperature error. I was too stubborn/stupid to give up, and cranked out several more clips, some of which bailed on an overtemp error, some not. By the end of the day I had eight clips, of which only the last two would play back.

When trying to play the other clips, TimeLapseHD returned the error "Error", "The project could not be prepared because an error occurred. (MovieMixer@102)", with a Dismiss button. Pressing the button, the next error is "Error", "The project could not be prepared because an error occurred. (ProjectExplorer@537)". After pressing the second Dismiss, I'm left hung with the message "Please wait while your video is being prepared". I have to press the phone's home button to escape.

Subsequently, I exported the clips to iTunes 10.7 (OS X 10.7.5). The playable clip directories included the files:

thumb.jpg
timelapse-record.mov
timelapse.meta
timelapse.mov

Unplayable clips included:

thumb.jpg
timelapse-record.mov
timelapse.meta

Obviously, the unplayable clips weren't fully processed from timelapse-record.mov to timelapse.mov. I tried forcing the timelapse-record.mov samples for the unplayable clips through mplayer, and got a lot of "Error while decoding frame" messages, with occasional garbage video frames in the display. I'm going to make the wild guess these clips are toast, but if there is any hack that'll recover some frames, I'm all ears.
cmholm

Re: MovieMixer@102 Error?

Postby xyster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

I believe you have confused your apps. Your app appears to be a different time lapse app.

This forum is for TimeLapse, not TimeLapse HD which is an unrelated app.
xyster
Site Admin

Re: MovieMixer@102 Error?

Postby cmholm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:35 am

You're correct, my bad. I'll try your app as a comparison.
cmholm

Return to TimeLapse