Change of Pan/Tilt directions? Question...

Change of Pan/Tilt directions? Question...

Postby gkachouh » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:34 am

Hello,
I did a quick search but didn't find an answer to my Pan & Tilt feature when using Timelapse with Galileo:
How do I control (or at least know) which direction the pan/tilt will be?
The pan seems to always be in one direction but I've experienced the tilt to be upwards one time and downwards another. How is this controlled?
And does Pan ever pan backwards or just continuous 3650 degrees in one direction?

I would really appreciate any more info in using these key features when paired with Galileo ...

Thank you!
gkachouh

Re: Change of Pan/Tilt directions? Question...

Postby xyster » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:04 am

When you set pan/tilt there is a little arrow button next to the value denoting rotation direction. Tap it to reverse direction. At the moment there is no way to create complex motion programs.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby gkachouh » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 am

Thanks, easy enough, I didn't realize you can tap that to change it.
For Tilt, is clockwise icon meaning tilt up? or down? I can't test it right now ...

Another question: not always when I plug in my iphone to galileo is it positioned as I would like the starting point.
At this time, I launch Mottr app and manually position where I want galileo and then launch the timelapse app and start.

is there a better way? Or another way to set a default position, or modify current position?

thanks
gkachouh

Postby xyster » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 am

I think up/down is the wrong way to think about it as the phone can be mounted in two different ways. Looking head on over the phone (from the top of the phone into the rubber mount), the direction of rotation will match the button.

With TimeLapse you can simply twist Galileo with your hands to the desired start position.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse