GoPro Support

GoPro Support

Postby FrankPerez » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:03 am

Hi there - I purchased the Galileo to create timelapses with my GoPro however some functionality seems to be missing. I just want to be able to set x degrees pan & y degrees tilt over a specified time period. Is this something that I can do currently? If I could just set these parameters from my iPad and let it go, that is all I want. The M icon just seems to let me set timelapses to be taken on an iOS device - having only an iPad this would render the pan & tilt functionality of the Galileo nearly useless. Please let me know if this is something available that I just haven't figured out - or if it will be coming soon.
FrankPerez

Re: GoPro Support

Postby xyster » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:13 am

TimeLapse is an app for creating time lapse sequences on your iDevice. If you want it to control Galileo, you will need to start a time lapse capture on your iPad. In your case, because you are using the Go Pro for the capture, you can discard the iPad time lapse sequence. Please note that because there is no way for TimeLapse to be synchronized with the Go Pro, you may see motion artifacts in the resulting Go Pro time lapse sequence.

Keep in mind that you cannot "set and forget" the Galileo - it has to be controlled by an iDevice at all times.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby BMD UP » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:45 am

I have a similar situation to FrankPerez. I am planning on using the the Motrr Galileo, GoPro, and TimeLapse on a pole to capture images over the course of a day while the Motrr slowly pans left and right. My understanding is that my iPad will connect to the Motrr via Bluetooth and control the Motrr with the TimeLapse app. The GoPro will capture pictures at whatever interval the GoPro is set to. The iPad, GoPro, and Motrr will be plugged into a constant power supply and the iPad will be on the entire time. The iPad capture sequence will be discarded since. Is this the correct way to go about doing this?
BMD UP

Postby xyster » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Yes. That should work.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse