Time Lapse: Sleep Mode

Time Lapse: Sleep Mode

Postby jackgammon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:57 am

Hello,
Great APP, I'm enjoing it often.

I have read through posts and In respect to "sleep mode" I can endorse how with the "20% Battery" warning message TIME LAPSE is halted.

Unlock the iPhone >> tap TIME LAPSE and all continues until the "10% Battery" warning message.

Can this be avoided?

Thanks again.
jackgammon
jackgammon

Re: Time Lapse: Sleep Mode

Postby xyster » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 am

TimeLapse disables the sleep timer when running. However, I suspect that if the battery is low, iPhone OS will ignore TimeLapse's request to disable the timer and will go to sleep anyway.
So no, there is nothing I can do about it.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby nerdcola » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:18 pm

I too very much enjoy the app. Great job!

I was just wondering if this has been 3.0 tested?
I don't think it has anything to do w/ my other question but i guess just for peace of mind.

It seems to be a sleep issue because twice this weekend when I mounted my iPhone to my car's visor to
attempt a video of my roadtrip, I would dismount it after arriving at my destination to come to find that
it had stopped taking photos after about a 100 pics or so...

I admit that it irked me quite a bit but that's why I'm here to see if there have been any other similar experiences
and if you can provide some insight to prevent this.

thank you
nerdcola

Postby xyster » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:55 pm

I'll look into it.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby Darthpoopies » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Hello. I have had similar problems. I will play with it and rrything com out perfect, then I wait for a perfect sunset, set it up, come back and find out it took 5 or so pics and crashed. The only, only combination I have had luck with is leaving it on normal mode not airplane, settin it 15 secs apart and turning autolock to never. But like I said even though I have a higher success rate with this, it will still crash when I actually leave it for a cool time lapse.
Darthpoopies

Postby nerdcola » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 am

I just wanted to check in and let you know that I have conducted various tests such as the previous post suggests...
with and w/o auto-lock...
various in-app settings...
and such in hopes of finding a regularity so I could leave the settings alone if it worked a specific way.
but no such luck...same issue...
bounces back to home or i'll come back to check and see that its sleep...
will crash at a variety of pics taken....8 once and most recently 232...

Well just thought i'd share and check in to see if there are any updates to getting better consistency.
thanks again.
its still a fun app. :)
nerdcola

Return to TimeLapse