Trouble with 3.0 on 3G S

Trouble with 3.0 on 3G S

Postby redisant » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 am

I'm having trouble with Time Lapse on the 3G S. When I try to set the number of pictures to take the app crashes back to springboard. Other than that the app seems to work fine. Any ideas?
redisant

Re: Trouble with 3.0 on 3G S

Postby xyster » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm

TimeLapse has been tested on a 3G with 3.0.
I have not tested it on a 3G S yet (should arrive shortly). I guess there is some difference between the two phones. I'll look into the problem once I get the new device.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby jj » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:00 pm

I like the app, but it seems to hang after some time so I never get very long videos. I have both the 3G and 3GS and at random times the iPhone shutter will remain closed or the program crashes and it takes me back to the main screen. I would love to have this app working for a long period of time!
jj

Postby xyster » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:58 pm

This is being actively looked into.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby Jordi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 am

I'm having the exact same problem on my 3GS, I hope it gets fixed soon, cause now it kinda defeats the purpose and I have to calculate when to reactivate, which usually results in the camera moving and screwing up the timelapse. I know it's not of much help, but I'm really hoping this gets fixed, because it IS a neat app. But I bought this app and now it sort of not works :(
Jordi

Postby Jordi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:16 am

Maybe it's of some help in the debugging process. Yesterday I have installed iPhone's 3.0.1 version of its OS. Now sometimes I can enter the 'number of frames'-screen, and sometimes I can. I have tried to find a pattern, but it seems completely random. That is, I open the app, instantly click the screen, it opens. I go to homescreen of the iPhone, open app again, click it again, and it crashes me back to the homescreen of the iPhone. It happens somewhat in an order I as a developer (but non-iPhone dev) cannot seem to understand. It seems amazingly random. However, updating to 3.0.1 helped a lot. Seeing this is a parameter I won't change too much, and others probably with me, I think the bug is a tad less critical.

If you however would find the bug, I would be interested what caused the randomness :)
Jordi

Postby xyster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 am

Hi Jordi,

The bug is resolved and is in review with Apple. I don't know when Apple will actually approve it. It was an off by one bug.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse