Capture Speed

Capture Speed

Postby jdobyns » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 am

First, I love the app. I have been looking for something like this for awhile.

I am curious as to why the app can not capture frames faster. With the stock camera app you can take pictures about ever 1-2 seconds. With Timelapse it will only take one about every 8-10 seconds.
Is there any way you can make the app not have to go back into the app UI after each frame? It seems like what we are waiting on is the app to load the UI, then switch back into camera mode.

The next thing I was wondering is. Can you tie the app in to the video capture capabilities of the 3GS?

Thanks again for a wonderful app, I look forward to new updates to make it even better.

- Jason D.
jdobyns

Re: Capture Speed

Postby xyster » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi,

I appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback on TimeLapse. Thanks!
The capture speed problem has been discussed in other threads in the forum. Basically, there are a few iPhone OS factors that I have no control of. With regards to your concern of waiting for the UI to load up. As far as I know, the UI can only take one photo per "showing". I have to dismiss and then re-show it to take another photo.

Finally, what did you have in mind for integration with the video capture capability. Can your provide an example of how you would use video in the context of TimeLapse?
xyster
Site Admin

Postby guest » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 pm

I do not completely understand the techniclal restrictions behind it, but if there's any way you can improve the back-to-back capture speed, please do so. It would be fabulous if you could get it up to speed like phone's built in camera app. Other than that, it's awesome!

Postby jw » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm not sure what the other poster had in mind about video capture, but what if there was a way to control the framerate in the video capture??? That would be great, and you wouldn't need to assemble the photos into a video!
jw

Return to TimeLapse