Dark Display is gone

Dark Display is gone

Postby aguynamededdy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:31 am

What happened to the normal/dark display setting?
aguynamededdy

Re: Dark Display is gone

Postby xyster » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:38 am

It was dropped with the new interface. It didn't seem to be an important feature. Thanks for letting me know it is a valued feature. I will keep it in mind for the next version of TimeLapse.
At the same time, leaving negative reviews in the app store without checking with the author first is not conducive to getting a feature you want implemented. Keep this in mind, if your negative review discourages further sales of TimeLapse I have less incentive to work on TimeLapse in general. Instead I will pay attention to other apps that sell better.

If anyone else misses the feature, please post here as well.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby cyanblue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 am

Also missing the Dark Display option here too...
cyanblue

Postby Maxtryone » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 pm

It saves power to have dark mode when it's not plugged in!
Maxtryone

Postby Unclepat » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:34 pm

I miss too
Unclepat

Postby sing0920 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:55 pm

dark mode is my life, please bring it back
sing0920

Postby xyster » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:33 pm

An update with Dark Display and a couple other features has been submitted to Apple for approval.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby jj » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Excellent! The dark display is one of the reasons I use the app. For example, when taking slides of my kid doing a play (impromptu or planned); the "super bright" display is a nuisance to other parents watching. Another example, is longer duration slide capture. It seems to make a difference to battery life.

In fact, if I want true video, I don't film under some circumstances unless I have my dedicated camcorder. It does "dark" in the sense that I can close the display completely and use the eyepiece. All that is seen then is the little red light on the _front_ of the corder.

Sadly, iPhones don't have "eyepieces" and I don't carry my camcorder everywhere like I do my iPhone. So, dark display is the solution. Thanks!
jj

Postby jj » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:54 am

It's back! Thanks!

Update your iPhone app if you haven't already.

Making it a non-live option is actually nicer. That way it does not get accidentally bumped during a session. Nice.
jj

Postby dwinter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm

How do you turn it on? I just bought this for the dark display option mentioned on the iTunes store page.
dwinter

Postby xyster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:23 pm

It is the last option in the settings page. It is on when the checkmark is visible.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby Dswinter » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am

No it's not. There is no option anywhere for a dark screen. Have you tried downloading your own app to see what build is available, because have the dark screen option.

I need this app now, can you make build available ad hoc that has the dark screen that I could use until you update the apple store?
Dswinter

Postby xyster » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am

Yes, it appears you are right, which iPhone model do you have?

If you provide your UDID and e-mail I'll create an ad-hoc build for you with a fix.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby xyster » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Dark display was indeed missing on iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs and iPod devices. A fix has been submitted to Apple for approval.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby Tgulden » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:22 am

It seems to me hat the dark display function works all wrong. The backlight stays on -- which uses lots of battery -- but the LCD display turns black. This does reduce any distracting lighting -- but does next to nothing to preserve power. Instead, he app should turn off (or severely dim) the backlight. You could actually display the current image and it would be visible enough to see what is happening, but with the backlight off, the battery would probably last 3x as long.
Tgulden

Next

Return to TimeLapse