This app no longer works.

This app no longer works.

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Ever since the update this app does not work. Every time I try to use it I get an error message, and the video cannot be viewed. I have turned off the auto lock I have tried airplane mode, I have deleted most of my apps and pictures to see if it was a memory issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing has worked. Please fix this app or refund my money. Please.

Feeling cheated, and looking for answers,

Rob
Rob

Re: This app no longer works.

Postby xyster » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear you are encountering problems with TimeLapse. To help you resolve this issue quickly can you provide some information to help me track down the problem.

Are you certain the app worked with TimeLapse 4.1.1 and earlier and stopped working with the 4.1.2 update?
What kind of device do you have? iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, etc.?

What settings are you using?

Hopefully, we'll be able to resolve this issue quickly for you.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I am using an iphone 3gs. I used to get some error messages from time to time before the update. Ever since the update, the photos are taken but while processing I ALWAYS receive an error message saying: "SAVE ERROR: Failed saving the movie. There was a problem writing this asset because the data is invalid and cannot be viewed or played" 100% fail rate!!! Please help. I used to use this app daily.
Rob

Postby xyster » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Ok Rob.

I think I discovered the problem and I think I have a fix for it. I have submitted the fix to Apple for review. Apple review typically takes about a week.
In the meantime, if you'd like, I can provide you with a special release of TimeLapse through the Ad-Hoc distribution model. This would be a temporary version of TimeLapse that you could use until the App Store version is approved.
To proceed with the Ad-Hoc release I would need your phone's UDID. I can then e-mail you the app with instructions on how to install it on your phone. You can PM me your UDID and e-mail address.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby xyster » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am

The app was e-mailed. Let me know how it goes.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse