refund for purchase or 3g version?

refund for purchase or 3g version?

Postby picchic » Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 am

Watched your 3G demo and read David Pogue's comment before downloading your TimeLapse app last night. I don't have the iphone 4G and can't upgrade to OS 4.2 at the moment. Sorry! Would love to use your app.
Can I get the 3G version, trade for another of your products that will work on my phone or get a refund?
Thanks! :cry:
picchic

Re: refund for purchase or 3g version?

Postby xyster » Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 am

TimeLapse is clearly marked as requiring iOS 4.2 to run. If you want a refund, you will need to contact Apple.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby picchic » Fri May 06, 2011 9:06 am

Have filed request with Apple and explained your demo emphasized it was created on 3G. They are reviewing my request now. The live person at the Apple store with whom I spoke felt your company should be more helpful. Thanks. :|
picchic

Postby xyster » Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 am

TimeLapse is clearly marked as requiring iOS 4.2 to run and it indeed runs on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.

You decided to not upgrade your phone to iOS 4.2 for your own personal reasons and bought TimeLapse anyway.

There is nothing I can do about it except direct you to Apple for a refund which you are now getting.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby picchic » Fri May 06, 2011 9:38 am

Please know that I am unable to upgrade my iphone at the moment because my computer is too old.
If you will accept a suggestion - replace your demo on your site with one that emphasizes iOS 4.2
:cry:
picchic

Postby xyster » Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I will see what I can do to make it clearer that iOS 4.2 is required.
xyster
Site Admin

Postby gmotron » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 pm

I have a 3G with iOS 4.2.1 (*C148) and timelapse is nearly unusable. It crashes all the time, and it only supports the "classic" interface. As far as I can tell it won't process the images into a movie, only store the raw photos.
gmotron

Postby gmotron » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I also have an iPhone 4 and it worked fine on that. After testing on my 4 I bought a used 3G just to use with Timelapse and now it seems like that wasn't a good move.
gmotron

Postby xyster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:42 am

Can you provide a more detailed explanation of what problems you are seeing and what seems to cause them?
xyster
Site Admin

Return to TimeLapse