Photos rotating 90 degrees

Photos rotating 90 degrees

Postby Hopkinslaw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm having a problem with my time-lapse being rotated 90 degrees. Bear with me, I will do my best to explain the problem.

When I edit my timelapse everything looks fine. see photo 1

When I render it, it looks like the underlying photo has been roatated 90 degrees counterclockwise while my landscape frame remained in the same spot above it. Like this (see photo 2)

Grrrr

I think the blame lies with the image taking program. I have tried to find a fix there to no avail. I'm hoping you might have a suggestion for a fix.

I am using OSnap! to record the photos for my time-lapse. The time-lapse in question is taken in landscape. I export the photos to my iPhone's camera. The photos on my iPhone look just fine in landscape as they should be. I then export them to my iPad via camera connector kit. This is the first sign of a problem. The photos in the photo import screen are rotated 90 degrees. However, after import when I look in the photos app the timelapse photos from OSnap are back to being properly aligned in landscape. When I edit my photos in Frame Lab's editor everything looks fine. The photos appear as they should in landscpape mode. However, when I render the video things get rotated around and I see what you see above. It's not like the program takes what I framed and rotates it 90 degrees. It just spins the photo around behind the frame. I suspect OSnap introducing something strange to the orientation of the photos. I can't seem to do anything about that. Is there some way I can get Frame Lab to render what it shows in the editor?

I uploaded two photos attachments. I am not sure if they came through.

Help!
Hopkinslaw

Re: Photos rotating 90 degrees

Postby xyster » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are encountering problems.
I do not see the photo attachments. PM me and we'll exchange e-mails so you can send me the photos for testing.
xyster
Site Admin

Return to Frame Lab