Photos rotating 90 degrees

Photos rotating 90 degrees

Postby Hopkinslaw » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm having a problem with my time-lapse being rotated 90 degrees. Bear with me, I will do my best to explain the problem.

When I edit my timelapse everything looks fine. see photo 1

When I render it, it looks like the underlying photo has been roatated 90 degrees counterclockwise while my landscape frame remained in the same spot above it. Like this (see photo 2)

I think the blame lies with the image taking program. I have tried to find a fix there to no avail. I'm hoping you might have a suggestion for a fix.

I am using OSnap! to record the photos for my time-lapse. The time-lapse in question is taken in landscape. I export the photos to my iPhone's camera. The photos on my iPhone look just fine in landscape as they should be. I then export them to my iPad via camera connector kit. This is the first sign of a problem. The photos in the photo import screen are rotated 90 degrees. However, after import when I look in the photos app the timelapse photos from OSnap are back to being properly aligned in landscape. When I edit my photos in Frame Lab's editor everything looks fine. The photos appear as they should in landscpape mode. However, when I render the video things get rotated around and I see what you see above. It's not like the program takes what I framed and rotates it 90 degrees. It just spins the photo around behind the frame. I suspect OSnap introducing something strange to the orientation of the photos. I can't seem to do anything about that. Is there some way I can get Frame Lab to render what it shows in the editor?

I uploaded two photos attachments. I am not sure if they came through.

Re: Photos rotating 90 degrees

Postby xyster » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are encountering problems.
I do not see the photo attachments. PM me and we'll exchange e-mails so you can send me the photos for testing.
Site Admin

Return to Frame Lab