App Crashes

App Crashes

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:58 am

Every time I try to open the app it crashes. I downloaded it about a week ago. It never worked. I am really disappointed because my friend said it worked great!

xyster
Site Admin

Re: App Crashes

Post by xyster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 am

What device do you have?
Is it jailbroken?

One way I get crash reports (that help me fix them) from apple is when users sync their devices with their PCs in iTunes. If you do that I should eventually get to see your crash.

tiggerem

Post by tiggerem » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 pm

This was the first app I bought (over a year ago now) just loved it. However after I upgraded it a month or so ago, it hasn't worked :(

1. It deleted / didn't save a one hour time-lapse (the 20% battery warning stopped the record but it had always saved it in the past: not now)

2. Now I can't even open the app. It brings up the icon and then just closes / crashes.

I'm using iPhone 4, Version 4.2.1 (8C148), and as I said, it has only stopped working since the 'update'

Please help!

Cheers
Em

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Hello Em,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your app.

TimeLapse does not have a 20% battery warning. Is it possible you have TimeLapse confused with another app that uses a similar name?

One way to check is to compare the icon of your app with the icon here. You have a different app if the icons are not the same.

Please let me know.

tiggerem

Post by tiggerem » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for your reply. The 20% battery warning is the iPhone warning that you can't disable (unfortunately), and during Timelapse record if the iPhone battery warning appears (ie if you are not connected to a powerpoint as recommended) it interrupts the session. Previously when this happened the Timelapse app would stop the record and save whatever it hadn't gotten up to: now (since update) it quits and doesn't save the job: which was annoying.

Biggest concern though is that the app won't even open now: it just continually crashes!

It is definitely the xyster.net Timelapse app. Best $1.99 I ever spent, would love it to work again.

Please advise! Em

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 pm

OK. I apologize for the problem and I hope we can resolve it quickly for you.

In the iPhone's Settings, on the first page, scroll down till you see an entry for TimeLapse - select it. Set Reset to On, close Settings and see if you can now start TimeLapse again.

If the above does not work, delete TimeLapse from your phone and download it again from iTunes. Downloading it again is free - you will not be charged again.

Let me know if this works for you.

I will also look into the video not saving when there is a battery warning.

On an unrelated note, you should seriously consider upgrading your iOS version to the latest version available. Once iOS 6 is out, new TimeLapse updates will likely require iOS 5.0 and up. Supporting iOS 4.2 is increasingly more difficult with time and very few people are still using it so it is not cost effective to support. I suspect TimeLapse will not be the only app to do this. In any case, I don't want to leave you behind!

tiggerem

Post by tiggerem » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:15 am

Hi xyster,

I tried the reset, didn't fix it.
I deleted it and re-synced, didn't fix it.

Then... I have upgraded the OS to 10.5 like you asked me to and not only did the app OPEN, it started saving the last timelapse I shot.

So THANK YOU! The app works again, and I even got the video back (it was shot in May!)

Hooray!
Cheers
Em