One request and one question

Rjalex

One request and one question

Post by Rjalex » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:23 am

I would buy the paying version if you could provide ONE single lock for focus, exposure and awb.

The question is what is the function of the UP arrow and its lock ?

Thank you very much.

xyster
Site Admin

Re: One request and one question

Post by xyster » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:32 am

Can you explain why you want this feature? It doesn't seem to me to provide any benefit.
Focus and exposure lock are unified as long as you don't separate the reticles.

The up arrow indicates where 'up' will be in the final output (photos or video). It flashes when the app thinks you may have not noticed it and could be positioning the device in a way that will yield results you may not expect.
Normally, the up direction is automatically decided based on the device's orientation. However, there can be cases where this behavior needs to be overridden and you wish to set the up direction in an unusual direction - in these cases you can lock it.

Rjalex

Re: One request and one question

Post by Rjalex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am

The reason you want to lock exposure, focus and wb when you do nature tl with varying lighting conditions and you want to show the shift in colour, luminosity and prevent focus from changing. I do tl with my two Canon cameras (5Dmk2 and 7D) and always lock all of these params (along with aperture of course). I think you'll find the same advice in most good guides on tl. So locking focus and exp (which i understand many times will be collapsed) and a separate awb lock is not a huge problem but still i'd love to have a single lock for all 3 :-) thanks and take care.