Exp reticle not working

Rstark18

Exp reticle not working

Post by Rstark18 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:23 pm

I've been using Reel Moments for a while and got sick of not having focus and exp locks so I switched to Timelapse.
I've been running through the controls and sometimes with the reticles separated, the exp doesnt adjust to where it is being pointed. This is in express, on a 4s 5.1.1.
It seems as though the app still thinks the reticle is centered no matter where I move it. If I recenter the phone the exp adjusts. I read through another thread that was similar and was fixed but I am experiencing this.

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Exp reticle not working

Post by xyster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am

Hi,

This kinds of issues are difficult to figure out remotely. The best method I've found is to be thorough with the questions to ensure nothing has been overlooked and to narrow down the issue and its causes. I hope you don't mind helping with this.

First I'd like to rule out any obvious general issues:

1. Are you running the phone with a pre-release iOS 6 version?
2. Is the device jailbroken? This sometimes causes issues and I want to rule it out.
3. Are you certain you have the latest version of TimeLapse? If you downloaded it for the very first in the last few days, then the answer is yes.

More detailed questions specific to the issue:

1. When you say the exposure is locked, does the exposure reticle (the iris like reticle) show the little lock icon in white?
2. What happens when you also lock the focus?
3. What happens when you also lock the focus and the AWB - the AWB button should show 'AWB lock'?
4. Ensure the exposure lock is indeed locked (as per 1). Toggle the lock off and then on again. Does this change anything?

If 1-4 don't produce anything, can you provide a screenshot of the before & after of the exposure state? The before should be just after you locked the exposure on the exposure you want and the after should show the scene after the exposure has changed when it should not have.

I hope we can figure this out quickly so you can start using it.

Rstark18

Re: Exp reticle not working

Post by Rstark18 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am

Kinda strange. I only get these result on very specific surfaces. I'll have to do more testing to be sure it's a problem.