Is there any documentation/instructions anywhere?

chrisbaz

Is there any documentation/instructions anywhere?

Post by chrisbaz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 am

I have just bought timelapse. However, I can find no instructions anywhere on the xyster or Apple sites. The menus on the iphone mean nothing to me.

All I want to do is download what I have recorded so that I can include it in a imovie: I do not want to make a movie on the iphone, and I certainly do not want to include any music or other audio at this stage - I simply want as high res files as possible on my iMac.

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Is there any documentation/instructions anywhere?

Post by xyster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 am

It sounds like you have already created your movie. Is this correct?
If so, the movie is saved in your camera roll, just like a movie from the iPhone's camera app. You should find the movie in the Photos app in the Camera Roll album.

chrisbaz

Post by chrisbaz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks for coming back.

Yes, I have 'created' a video or rather filmed one... needed to as it is for a wedding video. It seemed to record OK but I have no idea how you view it: I can see a file in camera roll labelled Timelapse, but I have no idea what to do with it.

I have been into Timelapse but have no idea what the menus mean or how to use them... for example, what does 'No Preprocessing' mean? Or 'dark display' and others for that matter. I have not touched any of them as I do not want to destroy anything.

What I really need is a 'how to' guide which I have not been able to locate. Is that too much to ask?

I hold my hands up to the fact that I am not an app user - maybe it is all 'intuitive' but in my case I don['t even know where to start.

Help would be appreciated..

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 am

At the moment there is no how to guide. I'm sorry.

Preprocessing is not important for you. It involves trying to improve photo quality in various ways but likely does not apply for your use.
Dark display will darken the screen during the time lapse session to help conserve battery power.

The TimeLapse app is used to capture a time lapse video on the fly. It does not take existing videos and speed them up. Are you trying to speed up an existing video?

chrisbaz

Post by chrisbaz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 am

No, I am not trying to speed up a video, simply have made one which I am now hoping to process.

Shame there's nothing to help me use the app. Imagine I will just have to guess...

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:55 am

If you recorded a video with TimeLapse then it is placed in the camera roll in the Photos app.
You can't further process the video with TimeLapse (this will come in a future version of the app). You would need to process the video either with a different app on your device or by importing the video to a PC.

Have you managed to view and play the video in the camera roll?

Scriel

Post by Scriel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 am

Just having a look at time lapse for iPhone in general. I reasoned that with a number of freebees around I would be getting the best if I paid for the app. I did a couple of tests before going for the not to be repeated time lapse video and all worked fine but when I came to make the all important one - disaster! On viewing my completed video I could see it was so over exposed as to be a nearly white screen or in this case blue and white. Upon further examination of the app I could see that Lock Focus On Start, Lock Exposure On Start and Lock White Balance On Start were all on. I've been online to see if there are any instructions available but in view of your reply to chrisbaz I guess not. WHY?

I purchased the app to use, not to spend the next week or two setting each control to see what it does and how it will affect the final video. That's if I happen to find all the controls.

Are basic instructions too much to ask?

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 am

The simple reason is that I am resource constrained. I have too many items to work on and not enough time.