Trying to get a Real ID

temp_xyster

Trying to get a Real ID

Post by temp_xyster » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi there,

I've just purchased TimeLapse for iPhone, after reviewing a number of similar apps, and figuring this was the one to go for.

One of the reasons was, there seems to be an active forum, with regular inputs from the developers. If only all iOS devs had a similar setup, I thought.

So I tried registering, gave a vaild email address, and ... nothing. Checked my SPAM bucket, nothing. Waited more, nothing.

I started over, figuring I'd typed something wrong. "User Name Active", or somesuch, evidently I was already on the database.

So I tried logging in: "Account Awaiting Validation", or somesuch. Again no access.

I tried to find an email address - indeed, I fired of a couple of emails to "obvious" (and therefore, probably non-existent) addresses @xyster.net. Not bounced yet, but still nothing.

Anyhow, in a moment of pique (it's been a bad week so far as my comms are concerned, but that's my problem, not yours) ... how can I get my preferred, "real", account up and running on your forum?

Brian

temp_xyster

Re: Trying to get a Real ID

Post by temp_xyster » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

PS - such was the "pique", I now submitted before reading the last sentence! It should have read:

Anyhow, in a moment of pique (it's been a bad week so far as my comms are concerned, but that's my problem, not yours), I logged on with another, temporary ID and email address! But ... how can I get my preferred, "real", account up and running on your forum?

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm

What is the name of your preferred account? I can activate it for you.

temp_xyster

Post by temp_xyster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks for you quick response - the one I was trying to set up is "biowizard", which I attempted to create yesterday evening, around 20 minutes before this "temporary" one, which you are free to delete once the former is going! :-)

Thanks, Brian

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:45 am

Biowizard should be active now.

biowizard

Post by biowizard » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 am

Thank you! Yes it is (as you can see from this reply!!) ...

... please feel free to remove "temp_xyster" if you wish to - I won't need to log on with that name any more!

Cheers, Brian