Stop Motion?

biowizard

Stop Motion?

Post by biowizard » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:04 am

I've been playing with TimeLapse for only a few short hours, and already think it's one of the most-fun apps I have ever come across, and so simple to use. Brilliant work!

I also want to dabble with stop motion shorts, and while I could just about manage to do this with a timelapse program, it would obviously be easier if I could take the frames manually. Before I think about downloading other apps to support this (things like iMotion HD or iStopMotion), I was just wondering where there are any future plans to add some basic stop motion features to TimeLapse itself?

Brian

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Stop Motion?

Post by xyster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:53 am

Brian,

The problem with adding stop motion functionality to TimeLapse is that while both stop motion and time lapse photography are similar in that they take sequences of photos, their usage is very different and as a result app functionality is very different. Implementing both correctly leaves you with two different apps.

I've avoided implementing stop motion functionality so far because of this. It is something I may implement in the future once I've rounded out the major time lapse features I have planned. That being said, I wouldn't know when that would be.

I hope you are not too disappointed... : )