Photo Library Access Denied

jymban

Photo Library Access Denied

Post by jymban » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

I had TimeLapse running while the iphone was in the sun and the phone got too hot and shut itself off. Since then every time I hit Frame & Start in TimeLapse I get the attached message:

"Photo Library Access Denied"
"TimeLapse has been set to save its results to the photo library but has been denied access to the photo library. TimeLapse cannot continue. You can enable photo library access in the Settings app."

It then goes back to the screen with the "Frame and Start" button at the top.

The phone is on IOS5.x

How do I give it access to the photo library?

I have tried:
(a) Rebooting the phone
(b) Toggling "Reset" for TimeLapse in Settings and then starting TimeLapse again.
(c ) Deleting the app and re-installing

And the message keep re-appearing.

Any ideas?

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Photo Library Access Denied

Post by xyster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:15 am

Yes. On iOS 5.x access permission to the library is intertwined with GPS permissions. There are two ways to reset the permission request on iOS 5.1.1 so that you an approve it.

In the Settings app go to Location Services - you should find TimeLapse listed. Make sure it is set to On. If TimeLapse is not listed there go to General->Reset and select Reset Location Warnings. Once that is done, try starting the TimeLapse again and make sure to approve the access request.

Does that resolve it for you?

BTW iOS 6 has a cleaner privacy setup than iOS 5.x where photo access permissions are separate from GPS permissions. You might want to consider upgrading to iOS 6.

jymban

Re: Photo Library Access Denied

Post by jymban » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 am

Thanks for that info.

Yes, Location services turned on fixed the prompt. I didn't know that was hooked up to photo library access!!