Shutter speed in classic mode?

Zer01

Shutter speed in classic mode?

Post by Zer01 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Is there a way to adjust the shutter speed in classic mode, not just in express mode? The reason is, I would like to export the jpgs and assemble the movie on my computer and the only way to do that is in classic mode. I can't seem to find an option for shutter speed though.

Alternatively, is there a way to export to jpg in express mode?

Thanks

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Shutter speed in classic mode?

Post by xyster » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm

iOS does not provide access to the camera's shutter speed.
As a result, the shutter speed setting in Express mode is simulated in software. Express mode captures time lapses using the camera's video mode and this is part of the reason that the shutter speed can be simulated at a fast enough rate.
Classic mode uses the camera's still photo capability and so simulating the shutter speed becomes less plausible.

There could be a method to create a hybrid approach between the two modes so that the video mode is used to capture the shots and JPEGs are produced as output. However, TimeLapse currently does not support this and I don't know how useful this hybrid would be.

As soon as iOS will provide access to the the camera's shutter speed, TimeLapse Classic will support it.

You can attempt a similar simulation of the shutter speed by capturing photos in Classic mode at a higher rate than you need and then combining the extra photos to create composite shots.

traisjames

Re: Shutter speed in classic mode?

Post by traisjames » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 pm

I would like to see this too, I want to set phone out tonight to record the aurora.