Dec 21 update bug

Tikiteyboo

Dec 21 update bug

Post by Tikiteyboo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 am

Downloaded the new update on my IPHONE5 today. Impressed with 4" screen comparability. One bug keeps coming up at the "frame and start" screen, I've manually forced the app closed, then reopened it - still no joy. The "frame and start" page doesn't let the view of the camera through. The camera is working through the far left (very top in portrait mode) info bar (the signal, clock, battery bar)... And no my finger isn't covering the lens!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.67 KiB) Viewed 15996 times

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Dec 21 update bug

Post by xyster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:26 am

Hi,

I'm embarrassed to admit I let a terrible bug like this slip through. I will try to get an urgent fix request into Apple. However, Apple is shutting down today until the 28th and I'm not optimistic about getting an approval before the shutdown.

The problem is that I inadvertently saved the framing grid image with a black background instead of a transparent background. The app is working (in the sense that you can capture a time lapse). The preview however is obscured by the grid image.

I am terribly sorry and I have submitted a fix to Apple.

This problem only affects devices with a 4 inch display.

Tikiteyboo

Post by Tikiteyboo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 am

Lol. Epic FAIL. No worries dude, at least you know how to fix it
Happy Holidays from Scotland

Tikiteyboo

Post by Tikiteyboo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Bug fixed in latest update, thanks dude!
Speedy service!
Love this app
Check out- tikiteyboo - on YouTube

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 am

Yes, I managed to wipe the egg of my face and get it fixed in time before Apple's shutdown. Yay for Apple for approving it so quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Happy holidays!

BTW are all those time lapse sequences on YouTube with the iPhone and TimeLapse?

Tikiteyboo

Post by Tikiteyboo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 am

All of them caught on a iP4S. I usually lock (WB, AF, Exp) down, to stop screen flashes. However moving sunlight causes Over/Under exposure over a few hours. Can't wait to do some recording on the iP5, I've been holding out till the 16:9 update came out.