Galileo

wizbowes

Re: Galileo

Post by wizbowes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 am

No it doesn't. However I'm not really happy with that as a response.

Firstly you've made no effort to ascertain the cause of the crash. As I said I'd happily provide you with the crash logs.
Secondly - other apps (Motrr, DMG etc) are working fine with the Galileo. Your test mode also works fine.
Thirdly - even if the Galileo does have an error the app shouldn't just crash.
Fourthly - Why would a hard reset of the phone fix a problem with the Galileo? Far more likely it fixes a problem with software.....

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm sorry, I missed the part about the crash logs. As a result I assumed it would be too difficult to obtain them.

I'd be happy to look at crash logs. Please pm me and we will email those.

The reason I referred you to motrr is because your description matches what I saw with a couple faulty pre-production units. You are the only one so far of at least a thousand who has complained of crashes. That and the misunderstanding on my part made it sensible to refer you to motrr for a quicker resolution.

With regards to software/hardware, there is an interplay there and if the hardware is faulty it can send the software (even at the OS level) into a tailspin.

Finally, I believe Timelapse uses different APIs than the other apps because its needs are different. This tickles different parts of the Galileo software/hardware stack.

Once again, I'd be happy to look at the logs and I apologize about the misunderstanding.

wizbowes

Post by wizbowes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Cheers. I'm away from my PC at the moment but will send the crash logs when I get back to them.

Thanks for the response. I've also emailed Motrr so will see what they say too.