Stuck on "Post Processing" after interruption

justinmrkva

Stuck on "Post Processing" after interruption

Post by justinmrkva » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:21 pm

DISCLAIMER: I am running iOS 7 b5 so I don't expect a fix immediately, but here goes:

I was taking a time lapse on a trail and the battery warning appeared. I just dismissed it and continued shooting the timelapse. Unfortunately, the video is now stuck in "Post Processing" mode and cannot be recovered. Quitting and relaunching the app goes straight back to Post Processing. Even canceling fails; it tries to cancel but hangs; launching the app once again goes to Post Processing. The bar reaches then end and then does nothing; I left it for about an hour and it still didn't save the video. I don't plan any further timelapse shots so I'm just leaving the app in that state until an update comes that might be able to fix it.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you resolve the problem, including running a beta version if applicable.

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on "Post Processing" after interruption

Post by xyster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 am

Here are a couple steps you can try:

1. To save your videos, hook up your phone to iTunes and use "File Sharing" to download the videos from TimeLapse on to your computer.
2. Kill TimeLapse. In the device Settings app, go to TimeLapse and turn Reset ON. Go back to TimeLapse and see if that fixes the problem.
3. As a last resort, uninstall TimeLapse and re-install it (assuming you performed step 1, you should have whatever footage is available)

Thanks for the heads up!

don

Post by don » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 am

I have seen this same issue using iOS 7 betas. I was able to recover one video using the steps outlined here, thank you.

Now I am on vacation, and do not have my computer with me, only my ipad, and am again stuck in the processing loop. Any chance a release will be dropping soon?

Thanks,

Don

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 am

I'm investigating the issue. At the moment, I believe this is an Apple bug with an underlying API and I have filed an issue with Apple.

I'll see if I can create a workaround for the bug. If I can, I'll let you know and I will need the UDID of your device.

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:53 am

I believe I have a workaround. If you PM me your UDID, I can make a build for you to test.