HDR Time Lapse

HDR Time Lapse

Post by Guest » Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Can you make it in any way to shoot 2 images with different presaved exposures in one shooting cycle? So we could even create HDR time lapse videos. That would be the absolute killer feature. It doesn't need to be the iPhone native HDR function. You probably have to build a manual solution. How big are the chances to see something like that in future releases?

xyster
Site Admin

Re: HDR Time Lapse

Post by xyster » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Just to make sure I understand the request. You want TimeLapse to shoot and store two photos (with the varying exposures) to allow HDR creation at the post processing stage?

Gosmondson

Post by Gosmondson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 am

Yes!!!!!

Gosmondson

Post by Gosmondson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 am

Gosmondson wrote:Yes!!!!!
I've seen some awesome sunsets that would be perfect with HDR. Also some pretty sweet moon rises too.

Bring on the acid trip colors!!!!

siwamo

Post by siwamo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 pm

One vote more for HDR Time Lapse ability!
It was what I originally were looking for.
I only bought TimeLapse cause I misunderstood double shot feature.
Great app, but not yet what I'm lookin for.

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 am

I am working on HDR support. Right now I do not have an estimate for when it will be ready due to some iOS issues I believe I encountered.

235pics

Post by 235pics » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Any closer to HDR ability on here? Dying to have to have that feature!

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 pm

I did put a lot of time into implementing multi exposure shooting for HDR only to discover what, I think, are some fundamental problems in the iOS camera infrastructure. In short, I couldn't get it to reliably work over any period of time without jamming the camera. There are many HDR camera apps in the app store but none of them, as far as I know, need to shoot more than one photo at a time and so they don't encounter the problems I have. I notified Apple of the issue months ago and I am still waiting for an answer confirming my findings or dismissing them as a figment of my ineptitude.

Gtaz19

Post by Gtaz19 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 am

xyster wrote:I did put a lot of time into implementing multi exposure shooting for HDR only to discover what, I think, are some fundamental problems in the iOS camera infrastructure. In short, I couldn't get it to reliably work over any period of time without jamming the camera. There are many HDR camera apps in the app store but none of them, as far as I know, need to shoot more than one photo at a time and so they don't encounter the problems I have. I notified Apple of the issue months ago and I am still waiting for an answer confirming my findings or dismissing them as a figment of my ineptitude.
Is there any way to use the HDR functionality that Apple has built into their default camera application? I have shot many HDR shots in a row. But my sunrise Lapse videos are always fading to white or too dark in the foreground. so i have a great sky but the buildings are black or I get a good sunrise for a few seconds before I get the fade to white. HDR functions for this would be really great.

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:04 am

Is there any way to use the HDR functionality that Apple has built into their default camera application?
Not at the moment. I've requested this functionality from Apple as well.