Release 5.1 problem (cannot record more than a few shots)

gmackenzie

Release 5.1 problem (cannot record more than a few shots)

Post by gmackenzie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:44 am

I've finally after many trials got Timelapse to record over a 8 hour period when I upgraded to the latest release 5.1. Now the app seems to work for only a a few minutes and then quits.

iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 (not 5.01).

Settings were for 8 hrs (set to time of day by date, hour, minute) at every 30 seconds/start on tap/largest image size/store to camera roll/dark screen. I was using external power. Is this a known issue? I wish I could back out to the previous release which worked well for me.

xyster
Site Admin

Re: Release 5.1 problem (cannot record more than a few shots

Post by xyster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 am

Is is not a known issue. How much available storage space do you have? It is possible you are running out and TimeLapse is not notifying you of the problem.

gmackenz

Post by gmackenz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

I've got about half capacity free (32GB free with about 1,600 images in the gallery) which is unchanged from when the app was working well earlier in December before update.

(by the way this is my intended account, not gmackenzie, just figured out how to get my acceptance email resent as I never recievedthe earlier one).

xyster
Site Admin

Post by xyster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:21 am

I've used the settings you described on an iPhone 4S and TimeLapse is working fine for me.
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings just before you tap Frame & Start? Create a screenshot by momentarily pressing the power and home buttons together on your phone. The screenshot will be saved to your camera roll.
It might be worth trying to save the photos to for File Sharing instead of to the camera roll. Have you tried that?
Is there any particular reason your phone is on iOS 5.0 and not iOS 5.0.1?

gmackenz

Post by gmackenz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 pm

xyster wrote:I've used the settings you described on an iPhone 4S and TimeLapse is working fine for me.
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings just before you tap Frame & Start? Create a screenshot by momentarily pressing the power and home buttons together on your phone. The screenshot will be saved to your camera roll.
It might be worth trying to save the photos to for File Sharing instead of to the camera roll. Have you tried that?
Is there any particular reason your phone is on iOS 5.0 and not iOS 5.0.1?
Will try again with settings captured by screenshot. Using 5.0 IOS because I've been hoping to jailbreak my iPhone (but it seems maybe 5.01 might be supported soon.